Monday 31 August 2009

Front Loader



The title of this project was "Laundry". I decided to study the technical engineering behind objects such as washing machines and plugs to create graphic designs. I also looked at the paraphenalia of laundry and used it as inspiration to create simple line drawings.

I decided to take these graphic designs through to menswear, mens underwear. Inspired by brands such as 'Ginch Gonch' and 'Bjorn Borg' I wanted to create fashionable boxer briefs for men aged 16-25. The culmination of the print designs were screen prints on cotton jersey. I also screen printed the elastic all with pigment dye. I then proceeded to make small half blanks of mens boxer briefs and printed on top of two pairs of plain briefs which I bought. I then created fashion illustrations of 'geek chic' to add to the quirky appeal of my designs.

Finally I gave my brand a name "Front Loader" and made original swingtags and packaging which really give a brand identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment